Dec 28, 2005

Plant Lilacs etc

Oh joy! A reason to make a list. And you know I’ll take any excuse to do so.

Here comes my year end review. I have to dig out the list from last year and see what I can check off. Alas I don’t think I made a list last year and this might explain why I didn’t do anything worthy of putting in a Holiday Letter.

So here’s the list for 2006:

Finish painting the kitchen
Finish painting the bathroom
Paint the outside of the house
Get quotes on a new porch and front doors
Have the chimney taken down
Get Ella potty trained
Wean Ella
Build another baby
Get my photos onto CD before they get lost forever
Make at least one short movie
See a hockey game with my friends
Go dancing till I’m dripping in sweat
Renew wedding vows in Las Vegas
Have way more sex
Get a good plate of scallops
Perfect a bread pudding
Find a nice china cabinet for less than $200.00
Sell my old digital camera to pay for china cabinet (Piefer - ask me about this!)
E-bay everything we don’t use
Get the pool table cleaned off enough to actually play a game
Find the perfect strappy sandals for Vegas
Organize a dinner for the Library
Start waking up before Dan leaves so we can have a 'family breakfast'
Write more letters
Finish one painting
Start writing my business plan
Get to Milwaukee for African food
Maintain
Vacuum out the van more than one a year
Attend a bonfire
Plant a veggie garden
Camp out
Plant lilacs
Karaoke with the Casseroles

Ok folks, I’m casting a wide net by listing all these things. I’ve found in the past that it makes it much easier to cross things off at the end of the year.

8 comments:

BoomBoom said...

I have already made mental notes of all of these I can assist with or would love to join you on:

1.Hockey game...we're there!
2.Dancing til dripping (hopefully more than just once)
3.I will only consider buying your old camera if you learn to spell my maiden name (Piefer)
4.I love to play pool and will assist in anyway I can to clean off the table, watch out my husband is a shark
5.We have bonfires in the summer almost every weekend at my family campground, Peckerwood
6.The Nelson's camp out several weekends in the summer (we would love to buy a camper with our tax return)
7. Karaoke!?! Well that's a given.

Anonymous said...

I'm in for the karaoke, but given the current state of my voice, if it happens anytime soon my act will be more of a mime sort of thing.

I'm confused about #5. Is Peckerwood the name of the camp, or are you calling Jenny a Peckerwood? Either way, love the word.

Jenny said...

Maiden name fixed, mental note made.

BoomBoom said...

Peckerwood is the name of the campground. It was named after all the woodpeckers (really).

Spinster books said...

what kind of camera are you selling? i'm in the market...

Anonymous said...

Love this idea -- might have to borrow it for my own blog if you don't mind. I think I'd do better putting some of my goals in writing.

If you and Tatertot ever want to swing by DC during hockey season, I'll treat y'all to a Caps game (not the highest quality hockey you'll ever see, but it's a good time!)

Anonymous said...

Low quality hockey is sometimes more fun. As evidenced by my video of the 6'5" 375 lb hockey player last week.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the invite, I will take you up on it if I'm ever in DC.

The camera is a Fuji Fine Pix... I'll have to get it out and post all the stuff.