Dec 8, 2005

Help me help you.

I’ve discovered I am not above calling medicine candy. I’ve also discovered the child knows the difference. I think Ella’s pain relievers taste just like sweet tarts; she doesn’t based on the fact that she gagged them back up yesterday. This morning I asked her wants some candy? She nodded and replied “Yeah, can-gee.” I got a pack of sweet tarts out (left from Halloween) and put 3 sweet tarts and two pain relievers in my hand, she knew. I waited an hour, I asked candy? She replied “Can-gee!” with a nod. I got the two cherry flavored pills out again; she said “nah” and went back to playing blocks. I finally remembered how we got the dog to eat her medicine – mush it up into cheese. I didn’t think the cherry flavor would go with the cheese so I mushed them into a couple of tootsie rolls. – Mission Accomplished!

Later we will be drinking the yummy banana flavored antibiotic (the pharmacist claimed most kids like it so much they ask for more – HA!) We will hide it in chawkey mewk (chocolate milk) and we will drink it from wine glasses, toasting each sip until it’s all down. This will be our afternoon ‘toddy’ for the next 9 days. On the bright side, she’s not crabby, green slime is not pouring from her eyes anymore and I only have body aches (no snot) so far.

6 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Mr. Lips is in the Sick Bay, again. I cannot keep this child well for more than a few weeks at a time it seems.

Scary, high fever (103+) accompanied by green globs appearing rapidly from nostrils with a side of hacking cough and "Mommy. Owie. Me" while pointing at mouth and neck. We followed it up this morning with a deep green diarrhea that had the most unpleasant odor I have experienced in some time.

Strep screen negative, ears wax-y but okay. We are going to observed til Saturday at which time the pediatrician will prescribe antibiotics via telephone (if the fever is still present). If its a virus, fever should be gone by then so no meds will be necessary.

Isn't motherhood awesome? Upon Jeff's return I think I'll deserve an evening out.

I even managed to wash, dry, fold and put away three loads of laundry last night.

Yes. Call hell and warn them roads will be slippery.

Jenny said...

That is totally the same cold La has. I am so sorry. Plus we have your 'no globe'. Aw man, we have been the source of all of his woes this week. Some friends we are.

BoomBoom said...

Don't blame LaLa, snot happens. And don't fret about the "no globe", he received a Hummer truck from his daycare provider yesterday and it has become his new focus.

All three of you are the bestest pals we could hope for!

Emily said...

Feel better!

jennie said...

my kid syd is sicky, too, w/croup.

you're a cool mom. i like your style. take care.

Jenny said...

Tater Tot's kid just got over croup (just in time to get the green snotties from us)