Dec 15, 2005

Making a List Checking it Twice










  • Christmas mood? Not so much.
  • Holiday Cheer? I really can’t, I’m driving.
  • Evergreen smell? On my way to buy some.
  • Cookies baked? Why, the dough is so much better raw.
  • Snow? Enough to make it into the tops of my boots while I scrape my windshield with a CD cover.
  • Christmas Carols? Only if the Wiggles are singing them.
  • Presents bought and wrapped? I think I bought enough to make the baby Jesus happy.
  • Tree decorated? Ella’s still too little to make the good kind of decorations; I think I have to wait till Kindergarten art class before I can get a God’s eye with a school portrait glued to the middle.
  • Holiday cards sent? Quick do something worthy enough to put into the letter.
  • Thankful? Every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget the year that mom let me write the Christmas card letter. It was a list of all of the things that my brother and I failed at or screwed up throughout the year. The anti-brag letter, if you will.

It's so much easier than trying to come up with something worthy to put in the letter.

BoomBoom said...

I just suck all together. This will mark the second year in a row that I have put Christmas cards at the bottom of the list, knowing they would eventually fall off entirely.

In the past, I have been really good at the whole pic of kids and family letter thing. I think its a whole un-inspired thing this year.

By the way, I am utterly hooked on my Jazz for Jennie CD. You rock the free world. We need to put together some other compilation ones. R&B, Soul, Funk, Folk, Classic Country, Show Tunes, etc.