Dec 18, 2005

I Think I’m Having Hormones

Wednesday: We went and saw The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I asked Dan if he felt like each and every scene had its own epic climax and made him want to weep and he looked at me like I was ridiculous. I swear by the last 25 minutes, I was so tired of having my tears jerked I was just mad (and slightly sobbing).

Thursday: I clearly had my happy dial tuned in to the
’Grinch’ position.

Friday: I am flattened by the idea that
Ella will grow up and that we can’t sit in big blue chair and read “Every where Babies” together for eternity.

Saturday: We visited Dan’s parents where I read the local paper. Mrs. McTeacher’s 2nd grade class had written to Santa and the Gazette published it. I thought how cute and then to my horror blubbered in front of everyone as I read the letter that went ‘Dear Santa, We had a house fire and this Christmas I just want to replace the clothes and stuff I had and if it’s not too much, I want a new puppy because my life long best friend and bestest dog in the whole world died in the fire. Love,
Cindy-Lou Who’ (I’m paraphrasing).

Sunday: I read PhD’s post about
The Real War on Christmas and how she has to explain to her boy “…polar bears are starting to drown, because the ice is melting and they have to swim too far to try to find food …” It breaks my heart for the whole world, every child who is disappointed, every soul that is in need, every drowning damn polar bear.

4 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Ok Jen. You and I have obviously had the same dosage of "the world sucks".

Jenny said...

I can't figure out if it's me or everyone else or maybe it's the lack of sunshine.

Maybe I'm supposed to turn my critical thinking skills off during the Holiday Season and just live in a happy little gingerbread bubble till January.

Anonymous said...

I kind of feel bad for not feeling bad. Usually I'm in a Grinch mode for the entire month of December, but this morning I woke up all happy and full of Sparkly Twinkly Holiday Spirit. Apparently I stole it from the two of you.

BoomBoom said...

My place of employment will be sending you a bill for the past few hours of my time. I can't stop reading Bitch PhD.