May 5, 2006

Post it on Your Blog Today

Dear Friend,

I am writing to let you know I just signed a postcard to President Bush asking him to take action to stop the genocide in Darfur. Will you join me? Visit www.MillionVoicesForDarfur.org

We must put pressure on our national leaders to take immediate action. President Bush and the United States Congress have recognized the situation in Darfur as "genocide," but it will take much more than words to end the violence and suffering in Darfur. In fact this recognition imposes a legal obligation, let alone the inherent moral obligation, upon the U.S. to take action to stop the genocide.

Visit http://www.MillionVoicesForDarfur.org to send your postcard today!

If our leaders made Darfur a priority, hundreds of thousands of lives could be saved. Please join me in calling for immediate attention to Darfur and more robust action on behalf of the U.S. to support security efforts in the region.

Visit www.MillionVoicesForDarfur.org

Thank you, Bombadee

9 comments:

Dawn said...

You got me to send a postcard.

BoomBoom said...

I sent one on Tuesday.

I want to order a T-Shirt...they're only $10.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Good idea. What is going on there is appalling. Are we going to ignore this like we turned a blind eye to Rwanda?

Keep meaning to set up a blog. I read yours and a few links from the site on a fairly regular basis. (Working from home does have its upside -- no boss behind you monitoring your website access and so on!)

We are heading over on the 17th for two weeks so hope to catch up with you Dan and Ella then. Take care, Olivia

Jenny said...

Hello Olivia, Good to hear from you and I hope we get to see you when your're here! and I would love to read an Olivia Blog.

Jo said...

Okay, okay, I guess it took two people asking me to do that, even though it should have only taken one. Thanks for the prod, I needed it.

Jenny said...

Don't feel bad, it took a season of "ER" to get me moving.

Renée said...

done

Buffy said...

Every time I think about Darfur I think about Rwanda. People will ignore it and then pen a movie about it years after the fact and feel sympathetic.

Uggh. Too upsetting.

Jenny said...

Thank you for sending post cards people. The spread of information is important and that's the first step here.