May 5, 2006

I Smart - Part 2

After singing her ABCs Ella looked at me and said “Do you know that song Mom?” I replied “Yes, sweetie, I do.” And she said “You’re pretty smart Mom.”

Ha, ha! I have thwarted would be burglars once again and put my money in this thing they call a savings account. We had been saving money for our trip to Vegas in September by putting cash in my jewelry box. Last week I realized keeping over a thousand dollars in a small unlocked box along with my valuable jewelry on top of the hutch we keep our silver in, is not very top secret or secure. So yesterday I set about finding a safe place to put the cash. It turns out my bank was happy to take it but they don’t want to give it all back, there’s a $200.00 minimum to a savings account so I went to the bank next door. They also have a minimum but the banker said “If it drops below $100.00 you just have to pay a $6.00 service fee for the year” “Done” I said. I figure six dollars isn’t to much money to rent a little apartment for my savings. In fact if my savings has a guest bedroom in the little apartment perhaps my checking will come and stay too.

I smart - Part 1


***

¡Viva México! ¡Happy Cinco De Mayo!





















4 comments:

punkymom said...

Ya next year Cinco is at my house!I'm inviting all the Cass Families.

Jenny said...

Count me in

BoomBoom said...

I had a feeling you were smart.

noncommon said...

i hate money. and i'm gonna send a postcard.