May 22, 2006

Housewives on Waterskis

Wisteria Lane has more crime happening on it than some of the worst neighborhoods I know. I would've moved away a long time ago. I really hoped Desperate Housewives was going to be about real things like the desperation and mind numbing antics of being home all day with 4 kids or the identity crisis one can experience from living in the suburbs, the hilarity and mediocrity of a bar-b-que interspersed with a suicide or an affair ruminating under everyone’s nose. It expected it to be subtle and real and was looking forward to it. Alas, it jumped the shark ages ago, I don’t know why I am still watching and given the summer break I probably won’t tune back in.


Here's some cute for your Monday I call it - Ham with Orange Crush Moustache





















11 comments:

noncommon said...

i stopped watching that show a month after it started - it got way too hokey too fast(shark bait!)
anyway, the pics are charming. she looks so matter of fact, it cracks me up. and what a great job she's done color coordinating her mustache to her sweater. i see a great flair for fashion in her future!

Jenny said...

I'm just so disapointed - the whole family is wound down by that time on Sunday and Ella is in bed and I really have about an hour to sit and junk out in front of the TV. That's how I keep landing on it.

BoomBoom said...

I think they should change the title to "Desperatley Hungry Housewives". Are real people that skinny?

Jenny said...

And never a bad haircut or single blemish

Jo said...

Don't watch that show, but it sounds like I didn't miss much. Bald Man and I like to curl up for Crossing Jordan though on Sunday nights. Ohhh your daughter is soooo yummmy squeezable! If I were her gramma I would not be able to stop myself. But as a person she has never met, I guess I will keep my hands (and lips) to myself

BoomBoom said...

This whole zit thing is really bothering you, isn't it?

noncommon said...

who has a zit? i have two - undergrounders on my chin. perpetual puberty.

Jenny said...

Oh - the zit... Me.

It pisses me off that I have to contend with zits in my 30s. It's not fair that I should have zits AND wrinkles.

Anonymous said...

I watched DH for a while during the first season, but it didn't meet my expectations either. I only really liked Felicity Huffman's character because the plotlines with her seemed the closest to "real life" -- in my world, anyway.

noncommon said...

wrinkles, zits, and the scraggly hairs growing out of the HUGE mole (i just had removed). sounds appetizing doesn't it? actually, who gives a shit? i'm happy.

Jenny said...

Some good ol' "Cameo perspective". LOL Next time I will say to myself "Who give a sh*t!" and if it applies - I'm going with that.