May 11, 2006

Date Night

15 reasons we went to the books store last night

Akeelah and the Bee – Not ready to spend 15.00 to see
American Haunting – Yuck
Benchwarmers – Saw it
Hoot – No way
Ice Age 2 – Not on Date night
Mission Impossible III – It’s my turn to pick
RV – Not ready to spend 15.00 to see
The Sentinel – Michael Douglas, Eva Longoria, Secret Service - BLECH
Silent Hill – Saw it and wish I hadn’t spent 15.00 to see it
Stick It – Who gives a crap?
United 93 – Will watch this one from the sanctity of my own couch
The Wild – Not on Date Night
Inside Man – It’s my turn to pick
Real Dirt on Farmer John – Don’t really care
Take The Lead - Not ready to spend 15.00 to see


Five movies I’d like to see that aren’t playing near me:

The Lost City
Hard Candy
Art School Confidential
An Inconvenient Truth
Kinky Boots

What did I buy at the bookstore? Don't gasp at the fact that I haven't read these yet - "Uncle Tom's Cabin" and "Catcher in the Rye".

5 comments:

noncommon said...

okay, i want you to know that a professor of mine once called me "the only person ever to get a degree without cracking a book." and when i was in highschool, we were supposed to read Huck Finn. i didn't. we took a trip to NYC and i saw the broadway play, Big River. did my report off that and got an A. i haven't read hardly any of the classics, nor have i seen any of the classic movies. you name it, i haven't seen it. seriously. my husband loves to befuddle himself with this. so you get no laughs from me. and i hope you don't think any less of me now that you know i'm so un-well read!

Jenny said...

If you also give up redaing the news and blogs, someday you too can become the president. (LOL)

No, I don't think any less of you. Smart is smart.

noncommon said...

thank ya!

BoomBoom said...

I haven't read much in the category of "classics" either (unless JAWS counts).

I have read the bible. That's considered rather classic I believe.

Sir Seanface said...

I'm more impressed with people that read something and then actually understand it. We're talkin' themes, motifs, metanarrative, blahzeeblah. I'm not a lit. snob, I swear but if you want to discuss a book don't tell me what it said (if I read it I already know), tell me what it meant to you. Discuss, don't parrot.