Apr 15, 2006

Good Egg

We are going to an Easter egg hunt today. We went to this same one last year and Ella was content after finding one egg. I bet this year she will enjoy the other kids more than the eggs. That’s ok, that’s one of life’s great joys, enjoying your fellow human beings. It’s easier to do when you are 2 and a half, you don’t yet know anything about people who are closed minded or have a chip on their shoulder are who have screwed up priorities or self loathing. At two you can just decide weather a person is nice and fun or not and if not you can just stop playing with them.














Unless your mother keeps telling you that you have to be nice and include everyone regardless of how you feel about them. ..















Is this fair or not?
How do you teach a child to be inclusive while respecting their choices?

2 comments:

BoomBoom said...

I think you are a huge nice person.

-Jennie

Jenny said...

Thanks, I'm still not sure what to do about my little Ella situation. I feel like I need to resolve it this summer. Perhaps kids just grow out of these things and it'll just resolve itself in time.