Apr 29, 2006

8 Garage Sale Tips

Things to remember if you’re having a garage sale:

1. If you don’t want kids to play with it, then don’t put it on the ground.


2. I’m either buying that old brides maid gown for Halloween or the kid’s dress up box and I will not pay more than $3.00 for it – seriously it’s lime green.

3. If you’d like to make more than .10¢ on that nasty old t-shirt then sell it on E-bay and call it a vintage.

4. Nobody wants to buy old crumpled up pipe cleaners and the left overs from your bedazzler.

5. Don’t sell any children’s books that are missing pages, it's just a cruel joke for later.

6. Put prices on everything – I don’t want to have try to not insult you with my look of shock when you tell me you want $45.00 for the orange and brown velour loveseat with the stain on the arm.

7. If that toy isn’t for sale, please don’t put it out for my kid to fall in love with and then tell me at check out “Oh, that’s not for sale”.

8. Please pick up the dog poop.



4 comments:

noncommon said...

so am i assuming you bought the loveseat with the stain on the arm?

Jenny said...

No, I've got my own stained up furniture - I'm just always curious what other people think their junk is worth.

Lynne@Oberon said...

Haha! Every would-be garage saler should read this. I am always astounded at the things people will put out for sale .. but it seems like someone will always buy it if the price is right. Who would sell and/or buy used socks? Ummm, no offense to anyone who has done either, but that's just WRONG.

Jenny said...

Oh yeah, had the grody ol' love seat been a dollar I might have bought it. I will buy virtually anything for a buck weather I need it or not.