Apr 4, 2006

Gifts that Keep On Giving

We’ve stayed in the house for three weeks now and are totally over our colds. No snot here and so it’s become apparent that we must find another cold to go lick. Does anyone want to invite us for a play date and when we get there tell us your kid’s snot and fever are due to teething? Seriously, if your child is just on the tail end of that cold, we’ll be right over, Ella would like to drink out of your child’s sippy cup and won’t mind another round of $50.00 antibiotics for the ear infection that inevitably ensues. We also enjoy the quality family time we have when Dan holds Ella’s arms and legs down and I pinch her nose till she can’t breath and gasps for air and I shove a spoonful of Zithromax into her throat and she sputters it out all over my face and then we can collectively wonder the rest if the night about how much she ingested, it’s way more fun than High-Ho-Cherrio. Come on sickies, invite us over or we are going to have to go to the indoor play facility and try to rub up against the kid that just puked? We’ve gone two days with nostrils that function and our day doesn’t feel right without a wad of sticky Kleenex in our pockets and a healthy appetite, for craps sakes I have to actually cook when she’s feeling well! Do you have any idea how that cuts into my blog reading? Should anyone come down with a pox, please just let us know right away.


PS Hope you are enjoying the cold we gave you as much as we did Grandpa - Love you.

5 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

Sounds like it was a rough three weeks. I've had a cold for over a month now, so I can sort of relate. It is no fun at all.

Jenny said...

I think we've had a total of 2 healthy weeks since last November. She's had 4 ear infections, nonstop snot and one day of the pukes. I think I took Ella to the Doctor every two weeks all winter. The Dr. assured me her immune system will be better for it - but I am exhasuted.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Jenny said...

I guess I'm little bitter sounding huh? That's only because it's everyone elses fault that we get sick and I must be annoyed at somebody and it can't be myself.

BoomBoom said...

At least now you can't say we never give you anything.

Jenny said...

Hey, I'm sure we've returned that favor a few times.