Feb 1, 2006

My Mother is Laughing

I think my dog is setting a bad example for my daughter.

Upon getting out of bed it is our dog Wednesday’s delight to roll through the dirty clothes left on the floor. This morning Ella joined her. The two of them lay on their backs squiggling around in dirty socks, Wednesday marking her people with dog smell and Ella just happy to be playing something with the dog. We sauntered downstairs ready to start the morning ritual of peeing. First Wednesday goes out, then Mom, then a fresh diaper for Ella ending with letting the dog back in. Well this morning after the dog and me, I found a dry diaper on the toddler and decided to take her to the elusive potty. She sat and sat and sat singing “Here comes pee Mom.” I waited and waited thinking of the treats I would lavish on my daughter. “Nope, no pee Mom.” She says and walks out into her play room. Crap, I grab a fresh diaper and follow her out almost stepping in a puddle of you guessed it. Ella proceeded to berate the puddle of pee as if the dog put it there (the dog was still outside). Fretting and pointing to the floor she laments “Oooooh Nooooo, pee on da four Mom!”


Heavy sigh, I can hear my Mother laughing right now, and I know you are Mom.

5 comments:

BoomBoom said...

If your mom isn't, I sure am.

Isaac still refuses to even consider the idea of sitting on his potty. Everytime I ask him or excitedly exclaim "Isaac is a BIG BOY, goes pee pee in the potty."

He simply replies "Nope".

Anonymous said...

My daughter loves to roll around on the cat bed and rub it on her face. It's very strange.

Yeah, I'm laughing at the puddle incident too. ;-)

Jenny said...

4:20 update

I've just been licked in the face, by Ella.

Anonymous said...

Oh just WAIT on the potty. It is a bigger pain in the ass then diapers. You have to ALWAYS know where a bathroom is, if she is wearing "big girl pants" and then when she doesn't make it, well, hope you have a whole new set of clothes...
Just wait. 3 is a much easier time of it. Sorry, but experience speaks, not just mine, but lots of friend moms.

erectile dysfunction medications said...

It's so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy.