Feb 11, 2006

1000 times better

Thank you for the well wishes dear internets. Six ginger snaps, four waffles, two chocolate chip cookies and a cup of coffee down the gullet since "the terrible incident". It’s such a traumatic event for me to barf that I am likely to measure everything else in my life in terms of wheather it happened before or after the barfing. I’ll be thinking “Yeah, Ella was born before that time I barfed”. Today I feel like I drank a fifth of vodka and danced all night at a Pimps concert, my stomach is still slightly wonky, I’m deeply dehydrated, my neck hurts, I can feel my heartbeat on the top of my head and the sun keeps poking me right in the eyes. I’m on a crusade to drink a bucket of water this morning to get my cells re-hydrated. I’m still 1000 times better than serious barfing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better and that you were able to get some food and drink in your stomach. Keep drinking that water!

I totally hate barfing too -- one time when I had the stomach flu my then-boyfriend was making spaghetti, and ever since then I associate the smell of spaghetti with that incident. Needless to say, I don't eat it much anymore...

Jenny said...

I'm pretty sure that Thursday I ate my last gyro and greek salad with lots of feta cheese. bleah.

Table4Five said...

So you think it was food poisoning then? Glad your better now, lots of water/Gatorade should help.

I unfortunately associate giving birth to Kaitlyn with throwing up, and the smell of antibacterial soap makes me queasy now.

Jenny said...

I think it was food poisoning. If it were the flu Dan and Ella would be barfing at any moment... eek say a little prayer for me.

Anonymous said...

I just had a very similar instance last Thursday. I also ate a gyro for lunch. It was serious barfing too. But I also ran a fever. LUCKILY no one else got it.
phew.

Anonymous said...

*crosses fingers that Ella and Dan stay in the No Barfing Zone*

Glad to hear the barfing has stopped, sorry to hear you still feel like you were run over by a truck. Whatever you drink to get rehydrated, make sure you do it slowly so your tummy's not all swishy, I HATE that feeling.

side note - I thought *I* was the only one that said wonky and especially in the context you used it in. Wow, does that mean the whole time I thought I was a dork means I was one of the cool kids, too? ;)

Hope you feel better soon Jen.


JJ

ed meds online said...

Much thanks to you for giving such significant data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this Business Promotion system.