Feb 24, 2006

Dialogue

Maddie (aged 8): “Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, you know what? I had a pop tart today, I love Pop Tarts, I ate it for breakfast not for lunch or anything, I didn’t even eat any lunch yet, my aunt is going to make me lunch, Emmie’s my aunt you know and she has to watch me today because we didn’t have any school, that means I don’t even have to learn anything today if I don’t want to and plus it’s President’s Day that means that it’s George Washington’s Day, oh, wait no he’s the first president, our president right now is George Bush and today is his birthday and that’s why I didn’t have to learn anything today.”

Me: “I like pop tarts too Maddie.”

***


Me: “We need to cook something before Daddy gets home honey, what should we cook?”
Ella - with index finger pointing upwards: “I know Mommy!”
Me: “Tell me, what should we cook?”
Ella: “Dinner!”
Duh Mom

***

Ella - as she puts a blue rubber band around her wrist: “I gotta bracewet from da nosepaper.”

***

Ella: “Mom you get da ball.”
Me: “Ok what do you want me to do with this ball?”
Ella: “Put it in da sky!”


***

Ella: "Count my toes."
Me: "Ok, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10! You have ten toes."
Ella: "I count Mommy’s toes?"
Me: "Ok"
Ella: "I get ‘em out… 1,2,3,4,5 and 1,2,3,4,5 five and five!"
Me: "So how many toes do I have?"
Ella: "You have two five toes Mommy."



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. I never get tired of listening to kids talk.

Jenny said...

Me too

Table4Five said...

"nosepaper"-cute!

buy medication online said...

Thank you for providing such valuable information and thanks for sharing this Business Promotion technique.