Feb 8, 2006

Sick & Tired

I kept her home from school today. I took her to the Doc and she has double ear infections and a weeze in her chest. She's barely eating, fever of 101.3. She coughed so hard this morning she barfed - in my bed - at 5am. She is nursing like crazy wich is good 'cause I'm over the same cold, but it's making me exhausted. I don't know why every little piece of snot turns her ears into mush, this will make 3 ear aches this winter. I'll be researching prevention on the internet, any advice is welcome. That's all I have the energy for.

4 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Looking forward to a post titled "Well & Alert".

Anonymous said...

Poor Ella! No advice on prevention -- our first daughter eventually had to get the tubes and adenoids removed due to numerous ear infections. Hopefully you won't have to go that route, but if you do I am happy to share information.

Hope she feels better soon and that you all can get some rest.

Anonymous said...

I don't believe there is such thing as prevention for ear infections. The sinuses get inflamed and block the e-tube and then they get infected. It's a vicious circle. AJ has had 3 and is almost 2. Matthew had about 4 in all his life. Just keep nursing. There is some folk wisdom about pumping milk and putting it in the ear canal for it's antibiotic properties. I have not tried it, but my friend's doctor swears by it. Stranger things have been suggested...

generic ed drugs said...

Thank you very much for a wonderful resource !!!