Feb 18, 2006

He's Safe

My friend Ben called today and put my world in perspective by telling me war stories. He’s just finished his second tour in Iraq and fought heavily in Fallujah. He told me some very sad stories about watching fellow marines and friends get killed and we talked about how happy we are he is out of Iraq and safe and we talked about his dear daughter Emma who was born on 9/11 last year. We talked about politics and the lack of war coverage in the news. We talked about tactics (yes, this tree hugging pacifist agreed with the Marine on tactics) and we concluded that we should either pull everyone out or go all the way in and that this half ass stuff was just getting people on both sides killed too often. We talked for an hour. I miss him and I’m proud of him and I’m glad he’s safe.

Here's an old one for ya Ben

No comments: