Feb 22, 2006

Baby You Rich

She is tapping me on the forehead and I hear “Mommy? Mommy? You gettin’ up?” I slowly open an eye and am greeted by my very own marabou headed Fraggle. She puts her eyes inches in front of mine holding my cheeks in her hands, spreading a gigantic grin on both of our faces. “I saw ‘orsies Mommy!” she is telling me about her horsy dream again. She’s had quite the fascination since we watched Black Beauty. The sun is a ribbon of light falling through the curtains into the bedroom and I can hear the dog’s old bones creaking as I move my own sore back into position. “Yep, I’m getting’ up” I say. Ella rolls the covers off and puts her toes into the air testing out the day. She sits up and blinks several times while she announces “We’re getting’ up! Wait fer me Day-day” to the dog who is stretching the first big doggy stretch of the day, every paw and toe extends and then her long pink doggy tongue curls out into a big doggy yawn. Ella leans down to the dog and asks “You gotta big nyaaawwn?”

I ask - how can
365 million dollars make my morning better than that.

















Hear a bit of “Baby You Rich” by the Mighty Blue Kings here.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. What a sweet face.

BoomBoom said...

How would you define rich?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm rich in my marriage, my children, my friends, my self-worth, etc. I wouldn't mind the cash to go along with it.

I always used to say that "feeling rich" for me would be simply going to the grocery store and putting whatever I want into my cart. I have never gone to buy food for my family without having to mentally add up what I was spending to make sure it wasn't "too much". Doesn't that sound nice?

Jenny said...

I bet I could spend a good chunk of 365 mill. I'm going to make a list!

Jenny said...

If I had a 365 million dollars

1. I’d happily pay the taxes
2. I’d see Dan more often
3. I’d buy a dishwasher
4. We’d take better vacations
5. I’d have to look for an apartment to live in while our house was being renovated
6. My car would have automatic start
7. I’d invest in BlahZeeBlah Production Co.
8. Every kid I know would go to college if they wanted to
9. My blackjack dealer in Vegas would totally remember my name
10. I’d have my dog’s claws painted pink
11. I’d hire a full time masseuse
12. I’d learn Italian by culture immersion
13. I’d spend lots of time making oatmeal cookies at my coffee shop / hobby shop and it’d be called “The Dining Hall of Justice”
14. I could spend a million dollars a day (but I wouldn’t)

BoomBoom said...

Jeff and I have a "plan" too. We would buy the 80 acre White Pines Deer Park that has been closed for years now. We would build a log cabin, put in a lake surrounded by small A-frame vacation homes for our friends/family to stay at. We would have campfires everynight and ride ATV's everyday. So we would have a purpose, we would open the White Pines Pumpkin Patch September through October. It would be a wonderful, adventurous, yet quaint place for families and school groups to enjoy my favoirte season and holiday.

Oh yeah - and all of the stuff you said too.

Lynne@Oberon said...

I heard about this win on the news this morning and I was glad to hear that it went to some factory workers - exactly the sort of people who should win it :)
However, if I won it I would have a house in all of my favourite countries, hire a full time housekeeper in each, help some friends with debts, travel the world shopping for beautiful items for my gift/craft/art/book/cafe shop, buy some paintings, and NEVER think about money again!
This game is fun!

BoomBoom said...

Surfing Free - if any (or all) of us win a crazy sum of money to do with what we please, we will have to meet in Fuji for cocktails.

Anonymous said...

Hell let's buy Fuji

Lynne@Oberon said...

First class to Fiji - all the way! [Oh, I forgot to give money to charity, but everyone knows that is a given :) ]

Bridgermama said...

I absolutely love this post! It is poetic! I'm telling ya, since I became a mama, I am the wealthiest person in the world!

kaicito said...

what a sweet post! though i suppose it wouldn't hurt to have all that AND $ 365 million :)

Jenny said...

No it certainly wouldn't hurt

loelsh said...

So sweet. She's a doll baby!

Buying ED Drugs Online said...

Really informative blog article.Really thank you!