Feb 26, 2006

I Love those Hockeys

We went to the hockey game last night. Ella was so excited to see her little buddies; she recited their names in the car the whole way there. During the first fight in the first period the girls stood up with us craning to see over the crowd. I saw the horrified looks on their pre-teen faces and realized I had also just lifted up my two year old to better see the action. Yes, the kid who’s eyes I cover when Dorothy slaps the Cowardly Lion I had just lifted up to see two grown men knock each other's teeth out on the ice. Ahh yes, there one for the baby-book, "Baby's first fist fight". All this I did with a beer in hand. And if you’re taking snapshots for mother of the year awards please come and see me next week.

In the 3rd period it was tied 1 to 1 with 5 minutes left and our team scored 2 more goals, it was awesome. We were part of the largest crowd of the season (over 6,000) and the 4th largest crowd in franchise history. Let me tell you, when you get that many excited people yelling and tooting horns in one place it’ll freak a two year old out. My kid went from yelling and hooting arms in the air to wide-eyed and clinging to my neck for dear life, when the last two goals were scored. In the van on the way home we asked her if she had fun and she told us “I love those hockeys”.

















Memerable quotes from Saturday night:

Judo Boy (shouting): Hey Mom! I'm eatin' nerds and they are puuuure sugar!

Mimi (exasperated): On the TV in our bedroom, you have to actually get up and push the buttons to change the chanel.

Mr. BlahZeeBlah (rollng his eyes): I never thought we'd all be standing her reminiscing about the olden days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me those hockeys too. My older daughter has learned how to yell "Let's Go Caps!!" and to clap during the Caps' power plays. She calls the opposing team "the bad guys." ;-)

best online pharmacy in USA said...

Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.