Nov 2, 2005

Finding Marge

I finally found the SNL ad "Mom Jeans". I really am surprised that there isn't more information out there for those poor kids doing a search on “mommy butt” or “mommy jeans” for their science projects. I have taken it upon myself to start scouting around in my own neighborhood for the overly abundant mommy costume. I will then try and take photos to post as an example and a warning to you people out there, oh and for the children doing their science projects and book reports or whatever. I will be calling this project “Finding Marge”.

I’m sorry if I’ve already offended anyone named Marge, I’m sure you or whomever it is that you know is very nice. I’ll explain; when I was growing up, there was a lady on our block who had lots of kids and a huge mouth and embodied the term nag. She always wore those tight mommy jeans, and in the summer a terry cloth
boob tube and flip flops. In my memory she is hollering out the back door with a cigarette in one hand and a pitcher of Kool-aid in the other, she is yelling “Terry! Becky! Git your fuckin’ asses in the house right now!” I had been in their house a few times and it was one that always smelled like soup, not because they were actually having soup, it was just the entire house was stained with soup smell. This is still a mystery to me. Perhaps my next study will be about house-smell, but I digress.

“Finding Marge” will be an ongoing community project. Please feel free to send in any shots you have. I will start with the ones I pulled from the SNL ad and then I will be moving on to my own booty in Mom Jeans. This phenomenon is so interesting to me is because as you will soon see this wardrobe atrocity is a choice. I will prove it by putting my booty in two different pairs of jeans. I be procuring a pair of mom jeans tomorrow at the Salvation Army. I’m not saying that mommy butt isn’t at all biologically driven, there is a definite shift in fat deposits after one bears a child I am just floored by those who choose to accentuate the… well Marge-ness of it all.


Please send your photos to Jenny88888888@aol.com Thanks for any and all submissions.


3 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Can't wait for your fashion show!

Jenny said...

I am also looking forward to it, like looking forward to a scary movie.

Jane said...

You really frighten me sometimes.