Nov 22, 2005

5/6 ?!?!

Play dates are my chance to feel normal among another tired Mom. Ella loves other kids and she doesn’t mind sharing toys. Five of the last six play-dates we scheduled cancelled. I'm starting to wonder if we stink, or if my kid is extraordinarily mean. Actually, I’m thankful for those who cancelled because of sickness, but today the mother just forgot. I’m sad and mad and tired. The first couple of times Ella was excited and then let down. The last couple of times I didn’t even tell her about the play-date just in case. SHIT!

3 comments:

BoomBoom said...

I would love to have a play date, but alas SugarLips has been healed of croup only to be overcome by this nasty cough and runny green snot nose. He has these horrible red circles under his eyes...pretty pitiful stuff.

Another great side-effect of not using daycare. Your child isn't exposed to every germ known to toddlers.

Jenny said...

Hug him up for us and as soon as he's well you had better bring him over! He will have the immune system of Superman.

Lynne@Oberon said...

Yuck- cancelled playdates are terrible. I also don't tell my girls when there is a playdate scheduled .. it's not worth it. There should be a serial playdate offenders website ;)