Nov 12, 2005

Accomplishments for 2005

I started thinking about our Holiday letter and mentally listing successes and other happy things to write about. There’s plenty of happy things but I’m a little down. My victories aren’t really the kind you can put in a Holiday letter.

Things I am Proud of:

  • Nursed a baby on demand into toddler-hood
  • Didn’t break a toe stepping on “Little People” in the middle of the night
  • My toddler chooses to sleep in her own bed (sometimes)
  • My toddler can use a fork, spoon, “Thank you” and “Welcome”
  • Kept my cool during the poop in tub ordeal
  • Read 4 novels
  • Managed to brush my teeth and comb my hair every day
  • Shaved my legs every day this summer
  • Made it through surgery
  • Established a monthly night out with friends and then actually went
  • Blogged, blogged, blogged
  • Doodled a children’s book for Ella called “Ella’s Potty Book”
  • Didn’t start smoking
  • Had my toddler believing that raisin were candy
  • Kept in touch with family
  • Fit into a size of clothing that I feel good about
  • Made lots of lists
  • Saw two R rated movies

These are way too personal for the letter – but not too personal for the internet folks. That’s right dear readers, you get the poo in tub but Aunt Dawn gets spared – lucky you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a successful year to me. Like you, I take the victories where I can get them. Mine would be along the lines of showing up every day for a job I despise without killing anyone, surviving a baby that doesn't like to sleep during the evening hours, and showering every day (sometimes not until 7 PM, but that still counts.) :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...this is an interesting list. So much more interesting than a list of 2006 goals. ~off to make my own list~