Oct 12, 2005

Wed Movie - "I Dropped the Ball"

We didn’t see a movie this week as our Wednesday sitter wasn’t available. This left me the chance to catch “The Apprentice Martha Stewart”. Of course I loved it! It’s basically just another hour of “The Apprentice” but hey, more of a good thing is good. Although, it brings up a topic that really irks me. I know I am guilty of using a popular phrase here and there. It’s hard for me to get a point across without using a cliché sometimes but for the love of peanut water people STOP saying “I stepped up to the plate and took it to the next level by thinking outside of the box and giving it 110 percent.”

Firstly, what would not “stepping up to the plate” look like? “Aw I didn’t feel like stepping up so I sat down and clipped my toenails instead”.

Secondly, what “level”???!! What the hell does this even mean? Did you take the elevator to the upper floor? Perhaps you just dug further into the 5th parallel of hell?

Thirdly, anyone that says they are “thinking outside of the box” clearly isn’t.

Fourth, I wouldn’t ever hire someone to help RUN my company that doesn’t understand there is ONLY 100 percent and anything beyond 100 percent is imaginary.

I think “The Apprentice” should have a new rule that says anyone caught over-using clichés automatically gets fired.

Prime example - FIRED
Cutting Edge - FIRED
Big Picture - FIRED
Team Player - FIRED
Chance of a lifetime - FIRED
Fight tooth and nail (Just gross - FIRED)
Neither here nor there - FIRED
And to be totally honest – (As opposed to only being half honest or just a complete lying cheese-booger-butt-head? - FIRED)

And please stop naming your team things like Phallus and Gargantua it’s like a men’s deodorant commercial.

Having said all that, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, yes - I still love it!




1 comment:

BoomBoom said...

I couldn't agree more Mrs. Bean. If I hear "I respect you Mr. Trump" one more time I may be forced to change the channel. I have always been under the impression respect was something you show, not something you declare.