Oct 10, 2005

President CEO of a Rather Important Estate

In response to something I read this morning:

I am the full time President CEO of a rather important estate. I make sure everything here runs smoothly. I oversee accounts payable and receivables and all investments. I manage the building, including bids for any remodeling or repairs and the cleaning and general maintenance of the structure as well as the three vehicles utilized by the group. I run all the essential operations of the kitchen, including the food procurement as well as service, preparations and disposals. I also obtain, maintain and repair of all garments. I handle the health, emotional, social and intellectual development of the children here. I maintain a hectic social calendar for all the officers at the estate. Not to mention countless other ventures including any holiday planning/social events, breakdowns in any or all systems and all emergency contingencies.


I don’t take many days off as I am a workaholic and love my job in all its aspects. I’ve been told I am a bit of a micro manager though – so if course I’m working on letting some projects handle themselves a bit more. Being President and CEO as you can imagine has some great perks – I get a company car, the dress code is at my discretion, I can bring my kid to work, the day’s activities are shaped by my direction including a two hour lunch if so desired. I feel my previous occupations as an Assistant Service Manager, Teacher, Saleswoman and Assistant Investment Broker, nearly prepared me for this one. Most of what I do was learned on the job, as it requires much expertise in multi-tasking and patience and the work can be different each day. In short I am the ‘do it all lady’ around here, too bad my position doesn’t hold the prestige it should.

You see, I get paid in love and appreciation, and that’s what keeps me at it day after day. My title? – Stay at Home Mom. (The estate I run is ours – does that mean it doesn’t count?)





Please Note: This post is not meant to be a shot at any CEOs who are currently outsourcing any of the above mentioned projects.

3 comments:

Lynne@Oberon said...

Soooo true! What about waste management supervisor as well ... I do a lot of that at my estate :)

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you also have a part-time job trying to keep me sane and entertained. It's almost as if you have two children, really.

Jenny said...

I also forgot to mention that if the company grows, I will have some help during phase one of the expansion but will be solely in charge of all the following growth and development phases as well as supplying ALL LABOR during the end phase of the project.