Oct 16, 2005

Irresponsible Mom?

A member of our family warned me on Saturday that the “Lift-a-Flap” books that I buy for Ella are very dangerous. She saw something about them on 20/20 on Friday night. I replied “Oh, no! They are Ella’s favorites. She sometimes takes them to bed with her. What’s wrong with them?” The reply “I know she loves them, I paid attention to the story because I know you buy those for Ella, it turns out they’re flammable”. I wouldn’t kid you on this one folks – she said it with a straight face. I almost replied “Well, I’ll tell Ella not to read them while playing with her Baby’s First Blow-Torch.” Bless their heart, I know they meant well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it! From now on, I'm not reading any books that are flammable! It's just too much of a risk.

Unknown said...

putting together my 2.5 year old sons new bed last night I noticed that the mattress was flameproof, but I warned him not to smoke in bed anyway as the pyjamas I've made him said on the fabric that it wasn't suitable for children's nightware as it was flammable....

Sigh