Oct 20, 2005

Bad Advice?

I'm just going to ramble, I've been thinking about your situation since lunch. And here’s what I just keep coming back to. If you love him, tell him. But you can’t expect a damn thing in return for your love. If you want to be by him and he invites you over – go. If you want to sleep with him – do it with every cell of your body. If you want to stay and talk – stay and talk. There is rarely security when doing things that are worth doing. Life is all a chance to be taken and the things that are most satisfying are always the hardest to initiate and the most intimidating: birth, love, apologies, sex, promises, success, death (I’m guessing on that last one being satisfying). There are no guarantees, just the journey. I really believe one should love without fear of loss; we are all going to die, maybe tomorrow on the highway, maybe in an easy chair after 62 years of marriage. The point is you have to let yourself be happy whenever and where ever you can get it*. If you only get to hang with the guy you can't stop thinking about three more times then enjoy those three times don't lament the times you won't have. Carpe diem, woman you’re too young to throw your hands up, we all are.












*Within the parameters of the law and reasonable self preservation. I know reasonable self preservation is possibly the real topic here and I’m not sure I can tackle that one yet.

This may very possibly be bad advice, but now I've said it and my brain can move on now like a song that is stuck in your head until you sing it.

4 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Amen.

Emily said...

Hear hear! (Here here? You know what I mean.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this is going to hurt.

You know that feeling, when you have to do something, but you know it's going to be excruciatingly painful? This is going to be one of those times.

And it's nice to get advice that isn't completely wrapped up inside a character judgment and/or dismissal of my feelings entirely.

This is why I keep you around. ~smooch~

BoomBoom said...

I keep you around for your awesome rack.