Oct 17, 2005

I used to travel

I used to travel all over the US letting people pay me to tell them to stop running your company with their head in up their ass.

I loved this job.
1. I was paid plenty
2. -to tell people what to do
3. I traveled all expenses paid
4. Nice wardrobe
5. Room service
6. Maid service
7. Rental car
8. Challenging in every way
9. Insanely rewarding

10. Bonuses!
11. Respect via - I worked my way up from the very bottom
12. Impressive title

I hated this job.

1. Everyone laughed at my jokes ALL the time
2. New husband at home
3. New house
4. New puppy
5. Couldn’t sleep
6. Stomach hurt

I quit and took a nice office position that paid decent and I didn’t care about so much. I would be able to quit without looking back when it was time to stay home with the babies.

Today I am doing a few things for my Dad’s small construction company. He needed someone to do general office crap part time from their house. I volunteered and he pays me far too much – how do I know? Well, I’m still a consultant at heart. It’s killing me watching the way he runs his company. I hadn't offered any comments in the way of changing things till yesterday (it's seriously stressing me to see him so stressed). I told him that he needed to hand some responsibilities to his very competent employees - including me because he was paying me far too much. This morning he called with a very important task, I was so excited he took my advice! Here it was he is finally going to utilize my vast abilities.

He asked me to go to his house and switch the laundry around, get the mail and have another house key made.

1 comment:

BoomBoom said...

Don't sweat is my dear. I'm trying to find value in having to resort to "tv screen" and "rectangular black box" in trying to explain the difference between a monitor and a PC to someone who should know better.

Tomorrow is another day.