Oct 30, 2006

Sixteen Years Ago Today

“Karla! I think you should go around the block, I just saw someone in the ditch.”

“What do you mean you saw someone in the ditch?! Like waiting to jump out?”

“No, I mean I saw someone lying in the ditch, like it looked like their leg was all twisted up. Oh. My. God. Someone just got hit by a car and their lying in the ditch! You have to go around the block!”

The car circles the block while five teenage girls search out the window in silence.

“OhmyGod! Someone IS in the ditch!”

“Oh their leg looks bent at a BAD angle, that’s not good.”

“Ohmygod,Ohmygod,Ohmygod,Ohmygod, what do I do? Should we stop?”

“Yeah, let’s stop and see if their ok…”

“What if it’s a prank and someone jumps out at us?”

“OhmyGod, OhmyGod what if their DEAD?!”

“AAAAAH! Don’t stop! Let’s go back to my house and call 911!”

“AHHHH!”

“Eeeeeeeeek!”

“Ug Ick Groooooosse!”

“Ok, let’s go back to your house and tell your mom and call 911”

After much frantic yelling and one concerned call to 911 the girls get back in the car and drive up the street to see what the police find. The street is filled with at least three police cars and as they pull up to the crime scene a police officer walks up to their window. Karla rolls it down and they all lean over to hear what's happening.

“Are you the girls that called this in?”

“Yes sir. Is it bad?”

“You know you girls can get into a lot of trouble for this.”

“OhmyGod Officer we didn’t hit anyone! Are they dead?!”

“We’re going to jail! They think we killed someone!”

“Oh No ~whimper~”


"I swear we didn't hit anyone! I can't go to jail! OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod"

"Listen ladies, we don’t like false reports and you girls probably think it's pretty funny but it costs the taxpayers alot of money when somone pulls a stunt like this, do you understand?"

"huh?"

"Karla, it's a scarecrow... look over there, he's holding it up... it's a scarecrow!"

"We'll let you off this time, but don't you girls go pulling anything like this again ok?"

6 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

I probably would have called the police too. I'm a big wuss and would be worried about puking if someone was really hurt (I really can't handle blood). Still, it's kind of a funny story. Glad no one was really hurt!

Jenny said...

You can't even believe how relieved we were. From thinking someone had died to thinking we were accused of killing them to realizing clothes stuffed with straw thrown in the ditch looks pretty real at dusk. Someone somewhere was watching out their picture window laughing really hard at the police.

Jo said...

You have some great stories. Either my life was fairly boring, or I am a rotten story teller, cause I don't remember anything at all like that happening...

Jenny said...

Just wait until tomorrow!

noncommon said...

oh now that's funny!

punkymom said...

Did you spend your High School years in LP/MP during the 80's & 90's this is what you get! Talking from experience, I swear Romy & Michelle attended our school!!