Oct 21, 2006

Rowdy

Oh my God! If you want to have a freaking great night out… bring 35 derby girls. I can’t even begin to tell you about the mayhem that took place but I can tell you we had over 400 people in attendance and I ran into people from grade school. Grade School! Yeah, it was a little awkward – “Hi, yeah I totally remember you from 3rd grade… Oh, no I really don’t dress like this all the time…” and then inevitably I would feel the need to explain that I went to college and have a husband and a baby at home. I really have to get the hang of staying in character. There were about a thousand pictures taken and I think even some autographs. At the end of the night there was an impromptu Derby Sung rendition of “Sweet Emotion” with the last band. We jumped on and off the stage and danced and spun and yelled out the chorus while the fearless co-captain of the Demolition Dolls sang the lyrics and pointed out into the crowd. - NICE!

No comments: