Oct 13, 2006

North Atlantic Mermaid

I think we're going to go Halloween shopping next Wed. I already bought Ella an Ariel dress and she tried it on twice. Once when I brought it home and once again this morning. She flopped around on the floor exclaiming "I'm a mermaid look at my pretty sparkly green tail when I swim" - flop flop. I will have to find an outfit for her to wear undeneath that flimsy little dress because Halloween in Illinois is COLD and mermaids don't have legs to wrestle into a snow suit. So we'll layer sweat pants over tights under her tail and put a wool sweater under the dress and I'm working on a "Mermaid hat" with shells and seaweed on it. She'll just have to be a North Atlantic mermaid.

5 comments:

BoomBoom said...

I've been having trouble coming up with something this year, so I'm considering going to the party as the thing Mr. Bombadee always calls me....a Smart Ass.

noncommon said...

go fer it tot!

and as for the freezing halloween thing - who knows! maybe we'll all get lucky and global warming will be in full swing that night and the polar ice caps will melt and she can be a REAL mermaid!

but if not, your plan sounds good too.

Jenny said...

TaterTot - I'm still pulling for you and J. to go as Anna Nichole Smith and her late husband.

Jenny said...

When I was a kid I always wanted to be a hula-girl or something equally skimpy for Halloween and I alwas ended up with a coat over it - bleah.

Anonymous said...

Well Tater Tot, I just told Mr. B. that we could go as Smart Ass (me) and Dumb Ass (him) but if you are using that we will have to go back to working on being a crime scene because of his obsession with CSI! By the way, I don't mean he is a dumb ass but the two things do go together for my idea!
Cazuela