Oct 2, 2006

Lard

Oh hedonist thy name is Bombadee. Dan went over to his friend Jeff’s house to play war games on Saturday night. Ella and I decided to stay home and instead of having a regular evening we dressed up in sparkly clothes, watched cartoons two feet in front of the TV and ate Oreo cookie frosting and the middle of the crème puffs until our mouths were coated with a glossy layer of sugary fat. When we burped little clouds of powdered sugar puffed outwards, and even my dog rubbed her belly with much regret at the end of the night. And to think Dan missed it.

4 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

That sounds absolutely delightful! (and sort of makes me want to forget about my diet and watch some cartoons instead of being at work)

Jo said...

Yuck. I don't like Oreos. Which is why I buy them all the time. I will never eat one, so they are very safe from me in the cookie jar. The movie part and dressing up sounds like fun. Silly daddy, he would have looked so cute in one of your dresses, and to think he missed it.

noncommon said...

we will now call you "puff the magic bombadee."
have you tried newman's organic version of oreo's? i like them better.
sounds like a great night!

Jenny said...

Yes, they are super yummy but I have to drive 45 minutes to the store that sells those.