Oct 11, 2006

Derby News!

Our first exhibition bout is scheduled! I am soo excited. It'll be December 2nd 2006 at the Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park. Doors open at 1:00 and the cost is 12.00 at the door. It's all ages so you can bring the kids but there will be beer and yelling too. I suppose it's just like any other sporting event, only with fishnets and lipstick (or in my case stripey tights and Carmex). The other news, I'm no longer a Screw City Slammer, I've been traded to the Demolition Dolls! Great group of gals on each team but the Demo Dolls are going to kick some Screw City Slammer bootay. There's a third team now too the Midwest Maulers and they should also beware. If you live close and plan to come to our bout, put on some orange and black and white so that we know you when we see you.















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the smack talk starts already :)

Awesome video find, by the way. It perfectly captures all the great stuff about derby ... and makes me want to go get my skates right now.

Jenny said...

I know I'm suddenly desperate for some drummers to come to the bout and drum during half time. I can hardly wait.

Lynne@Oberon said...

Hmmm, I don't quite understand what roller derby is. Is it a race? Looks like fun though :)

Jo said...

You got traded? Is that good or bad? Do you rock or suck? Me? I would suck, I have a hard time walking without falling over, roller skating would just be scary. Although I suppose they would all be scared I would fall on them and smush them! Ya, that's me! The Smusher!

Jenny said...

Surfing free: The Jammer (the only girl who can score points) has to fight her way through the pack (hers will let her through but the opposing will be tryin gto stop her) and then lap them all. Next any member of the opposing team she passes earns her team a point. Blocking is allowed like in Rugby but only body checks no hands and no tripping.

Jo: You'd be surprised how many ladies started without knowing how to skate at all. You'd also be surprised how valuable a smusher is (only we call them blockers).

Felon Keller: Ah yes, I didn't find the video, it was sent to me at myspace.