Jul 21, 2008

An almost perfect weekend (I'm dumb)

Holy canolies dear Internets! Last week I compiled the entire 2007-2008 roller derby season and with the help of my skatey mate L'iterate Her we watched and edited it all and produced a small 17 minute video for the awards banquet on Saturday night at which time I celebrated so boisterously I threw up on Sunday morning... (yeah, pretty pitiful. I think I'm done drinking for a looong time.) In the coming weeks, my goal is to shorten that video even further so I can get it onto youtube and share with everyone. (Don't worry, the stuff I'm going to cut out is the boring stuff that only the ladies on the team are interested in. I'll leave all the hard hits and cool plays an crazy pics.)

So then after horking my brains out on Sunday, we took the family to the Renaissance Festival. It was humid and hot and I was hung over, but only slightly thanks to my early morning porcelain shenanigans. We met up with two other families and luckily my dear pal KTJ and a new pal A. took Ella on the ride she loved the most with the other kids (I was not hopping onto the big swingy thing that makes your tummy feel weird) Thank you both so much for that ladies. The festival was actually pretty cool (literally) it's mostly under tree cover and in the shade it was only maybe 78* or so. It seemed like they had more rides and different things this year and we of course enjoyed it along with the company very much.

My camera isn't working, I think it's the battery, so I am without any photos to show you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh we had a rockin weekend too!
but i'm definately getting older!!
my mind hasn't yet caught up with my body - one is definately maturing at a faster rate!!