Jul 24, 2008

Indy

I'm booked for geek fest this year. It's in Indianapolis and Dan and I haven't gone in at least 6 years. Yes, we are geeks from way back. I am terribly interested in art that get's 40 year old men interested in collectable card games, my husband is addicted to small paintable lead armies and Ella will no doubt enjoy the many attendies in costume that will be milling about in all their super glory. Ahhh, the joy of having breakfast with storm troopers at the corner cafe or seeing and entourage of barbarians, monsters and pirates wait at the crosswalk in downtown Indy. It's worth it just to see the public's reaction.

Here's the other thing Dan and I have never, in 16 years, vacationed in anyplace other than a city. Nope, no camping, no beach house, no north woods log cabin (no, Grandma's doesn't count), just cities. Perhaps it's because we live a little in the country but mostly I think it's the thread count. I'm excited Indianapolis has a great Children's Museum, a resturaunt that makes food from Istanbul, the fifth largest art museum in the US that includes 152 acres of gardens, and I think they have some auto racing stuff too.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, but then I am a geek from way back.

Jenny said...

cool.