Jul 25, 2008

Unedited Version?

She asked her to be in the wedding and then offered to inject botulism into her face.

So I ask, if a friend offered you botox would you feel:
a. insulted because she is in fact saying you are wrinkly
b. pity because she doesn't find beauty in wrinkles
c. excitement at the opportunity to erase your wrinkles
d. other (please explain)

I pick B. I am sick sick sick of women torturing their bodies and spending resources on this ridiculousness. I would like to age right out in the open for everyone to see so that my daughter and the world will know what this 35 year old woman looks like. Yes, I'm all for keeping healthy, using a little moisturizer, mascara, and washing the ol' arm pits. Hell, even shaving a leg or two and plucking some brows seems a little high on the pain for beauty scale but explainable, especially in light of the daily shaving (some) men do.

Where are you on the issue?

6 comments:

DD Hunter said...

I agree, I would be totally insulted. Come on, you did not befriend me because of my looks, and if you did, shame on you! Or better yet...What were you thinking? Sorry, I don't fit into your perfect picture.

Jenny said...

I totally befriended you for your body... So you can put it in the way of the blockers on the other team and protect me. LOL!

Oh yeah, I like your brains too.

;)

Anonymous said...

I say B, but I say it totally hypocritically, because while I do find beauty in wrinkles and would never do a thing to my face, I'm planning a boob job for a later date.

So, from the head up, I'm totally against anti-aging and plastic surgery.

:-P

Anonymous said...

oh! and no insult to jane, but what i was going to chime in and say (before i read her comment) was what really puts me off is boob jobs. i'm not too keen on how my boobs look after breast feeding three kids, but why? because somewhere, somehow it got into my head that boobs are supposed to be bright and perky with nice little pink areolas. reality check - you can't always look like you did in your 20's (damn sure wish i could sometimes) BUT!!! i am all for breast reductions. when those things get so big they are a burden, then by all means do something about it!
as for wrinkles. i'm more concerned with the saggy jowl syndrome. i'm terribly afraid of looking like droopy. i can see it starting, and that is something i may have to eat my words on later.
anyone know how to do those facial muscle exercises?

Debbie said...

None of the choices really fit, as I would not be very likely to form a close friendship with anyone that shallow. I do know people like that, but they're not going to ask me to be in their weddings!

I refuse to have any kind of plastic surgery and I seldom wear makeup. There are so many other things I would rather spend my time on.

Just imagine what women could accomplish in the world if we stopped obsessing about our bodies and channeled that energy into changing the world...

Jo said...

I am with you on that one. Wouldn't do it.