Jul 7, 2008

Barometric Pressure

We don't have air conditioning and so far this year it hasn't bothered me much but we are nearing the days that will smother us with humidity and I will begin to think wearing a tube top might be a good idea and of course who needs a bra under a tube top because not only is a bra too hot, itchy and constricting but the tube top has lots of stretchy and should hold "the girls" in place just fine. Then of course later in the day perhaps while regaining my sanity at the air conditioned grocery store, I'll remember that "the girls," like me, are also 35 and wrapping a tube top around us is insane because we are playing the "is it a tube top or cumberbund game" most of the day while I yank, rearrange and restuff when I think no one is looking. But I won't be the only insane person when the weather gets there, there will also be that guy grilling with his shirt off, the chick on the back of a motorcycle in flip flops, and joggers. I just need to remember really, anything I wear is going to feel too hot, itchy and constricting because existing without air conditioning the world IS hot, itchy and constricting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i forget you don't have the conditioned air.
you are a bold, bold woman.
you have a basement?
when i was a kid, we didn't have air-conditioning and we spent a lot of time down there.
how do you sleep at night?
aren't those hormones starting to kick in and change your body temperature yet?
if not, just wait!