Jun 14, 2008

Well, I'll Be a Monkey's Grandma

Dan doesn’t really want to sleep with marsupials but Ella says she’s Monkey-monkey’s Mom and she hates sleeping next to him, his arms get all underneath her, but she doesn’t want him to sleep alone because he would be sad. Since Dan is Monkey-monkey’s Grandpa, the next logical step of course is to insist Dan keep Monkey-monkey comfortable and warm by snuggling with his little striped body. Dan tries to sneak Monkey-monkey down to floor on his side of the bed but since Dan suffers from pretend narcolepsy and the four year old out lasts him on a regular basis (plus we totally sleep in every day) she picks the stuffed monkey up and neatly tucks him back into bed next to Dan.
This reminds me about the Brass Monkey video challenge that I wanted to complete before Father’s Day that I totally thought about 4 times and then promptly blew off. I’m postponing it until the end of the summer, I just don’t have enough footage of monkey dancing to put anything together yet and since I proposed the challenge I can unpropose it too - so there.

2 comments:

Jo said...

And that monkey reminds of the Utah company who has decided not to market the Obama Sock monkey because people are saying it is racist. I despair living in Utah.

Jenny said...

Sock monkeys originated in my home town... my grandma worked at Nelson knitting the company that makes the socks! I heart my sock monkeys but monkey-monkey is actually hand crocheted by some lady somewhere in Sweeden or something like that. procured by Grandma D. and buttons for eyes sewn on by me (not pictured) after the old stitching fell out. that little monkey-monkey has been around a long time.