Jun 30, 2008

Sink Load of Dishes

This weekend kicked my ass. We lost on Saturday night and I took a hit to the face and have a giant chin bruise and what I thought was a broken finger (today I am able to move it more and the swelling has gone down, so I think it's just crunched really good - my finger that is not my face.) Yes, this is still totally a lot of fun for me and I really liked the North Star ladies, they're a stand up bunch. On the back of that, yesterday our family and our good friends the Fox Family went to the Madison zoo and walked about 5,000 miles. Pictures of both on the way - I promise.

Today, I just want to lay in a nice hot tub and then perhaps lay on the couch for a bit and then later I'll go lay in the lawn furniture while Ella swings and later yet I'll be laying in bed... but instead I've really gotta get the house back into shape. Inevitably the week before a roller derby bout, the first thing to drop off the list is house cleaning and general maintenance - ug.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I can't think of a better validation for something you love, that you still enjoyed it, even though you lost and your face got crunche and your finger got smushed. That, my friend, is true love.

Mike Lyons said...

Bree told her mother (allegedly) that she liked roller derby because "it was fun to watch them fight." I'm surprised by that, because there weren't even any fights this time!

After the bout...
Me: Did you like that?
Bree: Yeah.
Me: Do you want to go again next time?
Bree: Yeah.
Me: Do you want to play roller derby when you grow up?
Bree: (With a tone indicating the question was ridiculous) No!
Maybe give her a couple years.

Jenny said...

There are mostly two reactions when faced with the question "Would you like to play roller derby?"

"Yes I can't wait sign me up right now!" and "Are you off your ever lovin' rocker?!"

Apparently that extends to the training wheel set too... You've got nothing to worry about.