Jun 13, 2008

Technology

Last night during the terrible storms:

Me: Honey come down stairs and look at the weather!

Honey: I can see it on my laptop!

Me: No, I mean look at these clouds!

Honey: I am! I’m watching the Doppler radar right now!

Me: No, I mean come down and look out the window and see this cloud over our house that is rotating clockwise!

Despite my dramatic exchange there were no tornadoes in tiny town yesterday. The rotating grey cloud moved on its way, very possibly by me going outside and looking at it hard enough that it decided the surprise was ruined, but I did stay up until at least 1AM listening for train sounds ready to wake everyone up and make a dash for the basement. My Dad said there were tornadoes last night in the next county over. So I wasn’t being a total ninny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm already totally over this for this year.
we called rehearsal last night because of it. there were a couple of touchdowns here, but nothing important. some hail. lots of lightening. no trains.

Jenny said...

Yeah, practice was cancelled for us last night too. Glad you're safe.

Anonymous said...

I would make fun of him for this, but last night in the middle of the night, I woke up because of the thunder and wind and thought to myself "I should take a look outside and see how bad it really is and decide if I should be paying attention for tornado warnings."

Instead, I leaned way off the edge of the bed, dug around in a pile of dirty clothes until I found the TV remote, and turned on a local station to see if our county was green or orange or red.

DD Hunter said...

Mr. Hunter was at work watching on the radar too. He told me to grab the laptop and run to the basement if it developed. I put his laptop in the basement and went outside to watch the light show...hehe

Anonymous said...

glad you're safe!!!