Jun 19, 2008

Later I'll be Hugging Trees too

Every time I hear Obama speak I am moved to tears, I think it's a combination of his message and the momentous circumstances.

I think I want to order this movie because let’s face it no one around here is going to screen it, but I also think it’ll piss me off quite a great deal
www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com

The other day when I was at the store and I told the lady behind the counter I didn’t need a bag for my one item and gave her the plastic bag back so that I could save the environment and then she threw it in the garbage, I wanted to poke her square in the chest and ask her if she was paying attention at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's happened to me too!
not taking a bag and the nim-rod turned and tossed it.
i went over to the trash, grabbed the bag, and told her i would walk the 20 feet over to their plastic bag recycling bin and put it in there myself, since putting my unwanted bag in the trash defeated the purpose of me not wanting the damn thing in the first place!hopefully, she will think a bit more next time.

now when i refuse the bag, i take it and then put it back on the little bag holder myself. that is if i didn't tell them no before they grabbed one.

one at a time good fighter. one thoughtless moment at a time.

Jo said...

We had that moved screened TWICE here in Utah. Helps that the current Pres of ICAN lives here in Utah.
Give that tree an extra hug for me. I will be taking my doggy out later to water the trees.