Dec 29, 2006

Go Now

Last night after derby practice some of us threw lipstick on and went to Oscar’s Pub where the Rockford Register Star was having another fabulous party. This one included free pizza and the launching of their new magazine Go Now. It’s a pretty handy little weekly that’ll come out before the weekend and tell you where all the good bands, good food and good parties are and all the cool things that Dan and I would have to get a sitter to go do. It was a nice party, I ran into a fellow Mommy blogger, Brektater Tots and my buddy from third grade who works for the Ice Hogs so our little table of Derby Girls was pretty amusing with all sorts of personalities in the mix. I heard the Go Now people will have a party like that once a month. Last night they gave away an I-Pod and a Foos Ball table, I didn’t win either, but I did get a carabineer that lights up and entitles me to cheaper beer when I flash it at the bartender. You can’t beat that (except with maybe free beer) but you should go check out the new website anyway - Go Now!

For you, I took pictures of Derby Girls, Blogging Mommies, Ice Hog guys, Journalists, and the inside of my purse, apparently I need a camera case.






































PS Andrew: So far I like song #3 and song #8.

3 comments:

Jo said...

To quote Suess, Fun is Good! Glad you had fun, it has been in short supply at our house, with the Christmas vacation. I was hoping for a clearer shot of the reading material you keep in your purse.

Jenny said...

It was probably the "Go Now" magazine but I am currently devouring "Son of a Witch" Part II of "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West"

Andrew Wright said...

For You, My Dear... the Mix Disk Song Titles and Artists:

How To Save A Life - The Fray
When You Were Young - The Killers
The Adventure - Angels & Airwaves
East Bound and Down - MFatGGs
Move Along - All American Rejects
River Card - The Wandering Sons
Over My Head(Cable Car) - The Fray
Chariot - Gavin DeGraw
A Message - Coldplay
Such Great Heights - Postal Service
Only Traffic - Dave Tamkin
Gone - Pearl Jam
Cash and the Carters - The Blind Robins
Hello, My Treacherous Friends - OK GO
(Ghost)Riders In the Sky - MFatGGs
I Wish I Had Known/Early Morning - The Wandering Sons.

Oh, and I like "Shame and Scandal" and "Flyin' on a 747" - good mix so far!