Dec 8, 2006

New blog?

Blogger just offered the beta version to me and then yanked it away because my blog is too big to move to the new version. I’ve been assured that support will available in the future for blogs like mine but in the mean time I can start a new blog if I want to. I’ve been thinking about a new blog for some time now. I think I might do it. I like the new features and I’d like to start fresh but Bombadee’s Garden contains the scraps of Ella’s first two years in it. Does anyone know of a service that will print this blog in book form for me? Perhaps I’ll print it out for myself and shove a copy into her empty baby book. Alas, we’ll loose the links but the photos and the stories will still be. Don’t look for any changes this week but don’t be surprised if I move.

7 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

Tammie, over at Soul Gardening (www.soulgardening.typepad.com) had a book of her blog made by this site: http://www.blurb.com/. She didn't post to say how it turned out, but I thought it was a cool idea. If you get one you'll have to let us know how it turns out, because I might have to think about it if it turns out well.

Anonymous said...

I think that blurb.com doesn't yet offer that blog-to-book publishing for blogger yet - but that they will someday. I just used blurb to make a cookbook - I am holding my breath until it shows up in the mail.

Jenny said...

Aha! Such a thing does exist then - I better do some searching. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Karen Rani did a post about these services on BlogHer:
http://blogher.org/node/7807

Good luck -- and let us know if you move so we can update our blogrolls. :-)

Jenny said...

Most helpfull - thank you

Scribbit said...

How big is it? I've waited but don't want to be cut out down the road.

Jenny said...

Well I'm over 500 entries but don't worry, if I start anew there will be links and redirects and I'll let everyone know and this one won't disappear for a while, not until everyone moves with me.