Dec 12, 2006

Laundry List and Other Stuff

What a busy week this will be, I’ve got skate practice tonight (Woohoo! I can’t get enough lately)

We are going to see Grandma tomorrow where Ella will hang out and watch Cinderella for the 400th time and Dan and I will go Christmas shopping. Dan will buy everything in sight and I will watch for terrorists.

Thursday night Ella will get to visit her cousin and Dan and I will be at an office Christmas Party where dress casual - means a sweater and khakis for Dan and 40 outfit changes before we leave for me.

Friday we’re going to Milwaukee to eat at the
African Hut and see the Brew City Bruisers Championship Bout (“Grandma Got Run Over by a Roller Girl”). We’ll stay over night and use up our credit card points at the hotel and swim in the indoor pool.

Saturday I’ll be catching up on laundry. Oh – did I mention the dryer is almost dead? Yeah, it’s no longer getting hot and yes, we’ve replaced the igniter once before – Dan checked it, that’s not it, it’s just old and decrepit and we’ve gotten our $200.00 worth. So I’ll spend half the day restarting the dryer until it dies completely and then we’ll get a new one for Christmas (I could think of better things).


***

Two things Ella said recently that made me and Dan look at each other quizzically:

"I’m gonna be a strong woman and keep my babies away from the cyoooties."
"These toys are for boys" (Sweeping her arm across the gun/sword aisle at the toys store)


***

Sock Dreams
Pinch your Cheeks
Highlife Bracelet
Tire Purse
Mental Floss Magazine
Ad Busters Post Cards

5 comments:

Jo said...

I bet she meant to say dingo instead of coyote....
Rather horrifying when you realize your child is capable of gender prejudice, even though you tried so very hard not to do that...

Jenny said...

I still can't figure out where the heck that came from - it's not like I tell her bed time stories where the dingo eats the baby. At least I can explain the 'boy toy' comment on the media.

BoomBoom said...

Isaac did the exact same thing this week. Looked at the pink and purple barbie page in the Toys R Us and and looked at me with this disgusted face declaring, "this is for girls".

They aren't born with that, are they?

Jenny said...

I'm not sure anymore

punkymom said...

Regarding dryer issue if you get into a emergency and wanna borrow a dryer let me know we have one within walking distance attached to a washer that can be used until either the house is sold or you find a replacement. I'll drop you
a key.