Dec 27, 2006

Meow

My in-laws decided this year for Christmas they would rescue a kitten from the humane society. He’s a little black thing with a white patch on his chest. They call him Elbi as in L.B. like ‘little boy’ or ‘little bastard’. He’s very tolerant of children. Ella carried him around as much as she could on Christmas Eve and I don’t think she squeezed him too hard and he didn’t scratch her too much. He’ll do great at my in-laws, sleeping on their bed and napping on laps, as long as he keeps his nose out of the fridge. Twice while we were there someone was getting something out of the fridge and Elbi was peeping at all the food while the giant door swung closed on his little body. My father in law even said “Jeese there’s something wrong with the door – it won’t shut” my husband’s reply “There’s a kitten in the hinges Dad.”

6 comments:

Jo said...

Little girls and kittens! Few things in life are as charming. I am not too sure your new kitten in law is going to survive though, if they keep trying to sever him in the fridge door.

noncommon said...

poor little kitty mow mow.
sounds like a keeper though.
i'm purring at all the sweetness.

Anonymous said...

I started reading your blog about a month ago, don't remember how I found it. My friends and I (who are all moms) sure got a kick out of your "Mommy Jeans Chronicle" presentation and the "booger sweater!" Keep it up, we look forward to it!

Jenny said...

Welsome and I'm glad you keep reading.

Mrs. Ca said...

He looks adorable! My sister would die if she saw that picture. She wants a kitten so bad that she asks for one just about once an hour. Unfortunately she's 19 and lives in the dorms and so she can't have one.

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha, Ha. That is so something Mr. Bombadee would say!!