Aug 31, 2006

Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother-effin jeans in this mother-effin drawer!

I discovered last week why it’s a bad idea to actually finish the laundry. Not only does it make picking an outfit too hard to decide but there isn’t enough room in anyone’s dresser to hold ALL of our clothes. Our closets depend on a steady 1 to 5 ratio of dirty and clean rotation. Disrupt that balance and you’ll find me trying to stuff one more pair of jeans into the bottom drawer by jamming it in the way far back corner and simultaneously sliding the drawer closed creating a sort of snakes in a peanut can effect when the drawer is opened again or inadvertently permanently wedging the garment into the drawer mechanism perhaps preventing the drawer from ever being opened again. Bad, bad, bad, it’s just better to let the laundry pile for a few days.

6 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Damn girl...how many pair of jeans to you own?

To avoid such debacles at the House of Tot, I stack my jeans on a shelf in the closet. No closing of drawer required.

Excellent use of the word "effin" by the way.

Mrs. Ca said...

My clothes are the same way. If they're all clean I'm out of room. I'm thinking maybe I need to scale back a bit.

Jo said...

You could move like we did! Nothing like the thought of hauling something cross country to make you just chuck most of it. Good luck getting behind on your laundry, and don't forget, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

Lynne@Oberon said...

I know, I know! When all Hubbies undies are clean there is no way to squeeze them into this drawer. Ummm, the same might happen when all my clothes are clean and ready to go ... but fortunately it doesn't happen very often :)

noncommon said...

ahhh. laundry. the never ending chore.

who would have ever thought we would fall into a clothing cycle of trying to have the right amount at any given moment?

whatever!
is this realy what our lives have become? really?

oh, okay then.

i'm alright with that!

punkymom said...

I've broke a pottery barn dresser with the exact problem, it took 2x's of being caught up! I'm going through and playing catch up again and rotating closets and emptying them of poop! Hoping that my poop is someone else's treasure!!