Aug 2, 2006

Two Weeks

The heat is finally going to break today and when we got up this morning the thermostat only said 84°. It’s still pretty sticky but it’s going to rain later. My dear husband suggested we save up over the winter to get central air, but even after all this heat there was only two weeks that were unbearable and can you imagine spending $6,000.00 on something you will only use two weeks out of the year? At that rate I better see some elephants and the Tajmahal during those two weeks. Actually, I did a little googleing and I’d much rather save up for this next summer. We’d use it a lot more than an air conditioner.

6 comments:

noncommon said...

get central air! unless you have a naturally cool living space. i don't know how you do it! the older i get, the hotter (literally) i get. i'd be a psychotic mess if it wasn't for air conditioning.

Jenny said...

My husband is a mess when it's hot too, we (Ella and I) get used to it gradually as the summer approaches. Although when it's in the 90s for two weeks there's no helping the melting and we shop and swim alot.

BoomBoom said...

At what point do I mention that my parents just sold their soft-sided pool(with frame - like the ones in the pictures) 20' round, 48" deep, with filter, ladder, hoses, etc...on Monday...as in two days ago....for $500....?

Jenny said...

It's ok - it just wasn't meant to be. We wouldn't have spent the money on it this summer because we are saving for vacation.

BoomBoom said...

Good news on the TaterTot front...Jeff sold his motorcycle putting $700 in our Vegas fund.

WOOO-HOOO!

Java Junkie said...

thought I'd throw this suggestion your way. I have no idea about brand or model or type, though. I just googled for a linky to paste for you..

http://www.brilliantcooler.com/conditioner/portable_conditioner_plm16000e.htm

MUCH more economical for two weeks a year - plus you could still afford the pool :D