Aug 10, 2006

Obscura

I have always been the person who has a camera with them, even before digital. I asked for a camera on my 10th birthday and received it and then promptly used up all the film at my own birthday party. My Grandfather gave me a beautiful 35mm Nikon when I graduated high school, that I still own. I took it to FL and shot eight rolls of film while on a 6 day boat trip in the gulf coast. They were some of the best photos I’ve ever taken. I still have in my possession every camera I’ve ever owned. I know how to develop real film in a dark room. I know how to poke a hole in a shoe box and take photos with it.

An odd thing happened to my camera at the end of July. While uploading a batch of photos to my computer a mysterious new folder appeared on my camera and it contained the batch of photos I just finished shooting shot. Later I couldn’t find them on my computer. I spent an exasperating 10 minutes looking for where I saved them before I found them. Why? I’ve taken so many photos I ran out of digits. That means since I bought this camera in November 2004, I have taken over 10,000 photos. That’s roughly 15 pictures per day, every day, 105 pictures a week. Dan has always joked that I watch the world through my lens but today, I admit I think I have a serious problem. Does that mean I’m going to stop? Heck no! It means I’ve justified saving up for a better camera.

What do I possibly shoot? Everything.

Photo #9999 was a shot of Ella’s new Toothbrush holder


7 comments:

cara said...

Enjoy it...it is a passion of yours...makes life worthwhile. Love the toothbrush holder by the way!

BoomBoom said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Lynne@Oberon said...

That's a very picturesque toothbrush holder, so I understand your need to capture it's image. But more than 10,000 photos is ummm, impressive!

noncommon said...

you're funny!
you should print them all out and randomly plaster them all over your walls.

Jenny said...

I was going to make a video - to the tune "Kodachrome" (Simon & Garfunkle) but my program kept crashing. Too many photos. It's currently half finished - maybe I should post it anyway.

noncommon said...

oh do!
chris just got software to make video out of our photos.
he's made a cute one already.
i'd love to see yours.

Jenny said...

You should post it on your blog. (Video Egg is what I use and it's oretty easy just a drag and drop sorta thing - but only 2 min videos)