Aug 18, 2006

Leaning

You can just never know how often you use a butt muscle until you pull a butt muscle. Seriously did you know you use all kinds of muscles in the bootockle area while brushing your teeth? If you relax and don’t use those muscles while brushing your teeth your hind end does a sort of cha-cha-coochie-coo dance that two year olds find insanely funny. I bet you can guess how I know all this. Yeah, I hurt my butt skating. Not falling or anything strenuous, just skating in general. I’d like to think that the rink owner waxed the floor to be extra slippery and when I hit the curve down by the snack bar my wheels slipped a little and that was when I pulled something (and the waxing has been totally confirmed by one of the best skaters on our team - so there) but alas I think I just haven’t been working out those booty muscles while I sit in front of this screen. Last week I just got lucky when the booty muscles had a fun time acting all crazy like we were 15 again but this week when they realized we were going back those muscles screamed at me “What do you mean we’re going to do this twice a week? We didn’t vote for that. We are going on strike.” And then the booty muscles froze up into one big knotty cramp in protest. There’s no reasoning with them even after much stretching and it’s not exactly the easiest thing to ask someone for a serious butt rub so I’m just hoping they will feel a little better on Saturday. In the mean time I'll be doing the cha-cha-coochie-coo dance while brushing my teeth and we won't even talk about how I'm sitting today.

12 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

I know that pain all too well. Usually after the first time I try something new, my body is like, okay, that was different. At least we don't have to do it again. Then I do it again and can't move for a day or two.

Hope your "bootockle area" feels better soon, and hey at least you are entertaining Ella in the process.

BoomBoom said...

I'll rub your butt for you...

~wink wink nudge nudge~

Jenny said...

See what happens when you are trying to get a serious butt-rub, the "wink wink nudge nudge" always finds it's way into the conversation. Thanks for the offer LOL. I am actually feeling much better after a hot bath. Maybe that means I need a jacuzzi. For the sake of the team and all - hmmm.

BoomBoom said...

Hmmmm...you and I drinking cosmos...in a hot tub...

I LOVE IT!

Java Junkie said...

I know this pain. I actually broke my ass once. Yep, that's right. My eldest was about 6 and thought it was the funniest thing in the world to say I cracked my butt (fractured my tailbone.) I betcha Ella would rub your tush for you! I use to walk on my mom's when I was little and she had lower back pain. It was actually really fun.

Oh, and Ibuprofen for the win.

rofl I got a bombadee word verification here...

ravmhxkrz
holy mokes.

noncommon said...

lots of ibuprofen, & r.i.c.e. - you know, rest, ice, compress(?), elevate(?)

okay, lots of ibuprofen.

and hey! you earned your first derby ding!
congrats!

Jenny said...

I wonder what the best way to elevate one's butt is.

(Hey! No standing up butthead jokes!)



Yeah my word verification has gone crazy again. I may shut it off.

Java Junkie said...

"I wonder what the best way to elevate one's butt is."

lay on your tummy.

word verification:

mnzswjbuo

Jo said...

Sorry you have a knotty booty. Hoping you find someone to rub it for you without having to pay for it.

Jenny said...

"Sorry you have a knotty booty. Hoping you find someone to rub it for you without having to pay for it." How's that for a phrase you'd never thought you'd type.

Jo said...

Ahem, yup, never imagined that I would ever say those words. But in thinking about paying for it... ahem!

Jo said...

Another thought... If you called to make an appointment with a massage therapist, (OF course that is what I was talking about!!) would it be a booty call??