Apr 20, 2008

Make it out to My Best Pal Jenny

I charged up my battery and then forgot to put it in my camera and so I have no pictures from last night (until my pals send me some). All the art sold for quite a good amount and I think we hit our goal again this year without ordering too much wine or food so I can without a doubt say last night was a success. Yes, my Mom bought the second painting but she had to bid against some people to get it so I feel pretty good about that. The first (pictured below) was bought by the bank to go next to the one they bought last year.

The caterer who swooped in last minute and put together hor'devoures in a week’s time after the first caterer fell through was incredible. Next to the award winning Eichman’s sausage tray and the wonderful cheese squares and fruit our local grocer donated AACE Catering did a nice little smoked salmon with a cream cheese mousse on a cracker and chicken salad with cucumber and grapes on a little crustini followed by the most beautiful petit fours in five different flavors and little tiny bite sized cheese cakes! BITE SIZED CHEESE CAKES!


I think next year I want to add in some autographed books for auction. I just need to start writting letters and asking. Ahhh, a fun summer project.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Sounds like a rousing success! Add in BITE SIZE cheese cakes and wow, you have quite the evening!