Apr 19, 2008

Do I hear $200.00?

Yay, the Library fundraiser is here! Tonight we get to dress up, sip wine, munch smoked salmon on a cracker and auction some art. I did two paintings this year and totaly forgot to take a picture of the other one, so I'll have to post it tomorrow. This is the first one, it's a view of down town - tiny town. The second is a countryside view of flat farmland. I know it sounds boring but made a very pleasing painting, it has a little bit of a modern feel with it's sweeping horizontal lines. I'm sure they'll get bids as I make my Mom promise to attend and bid if no one else does (I'm such a dork.) I'm hoping to pick up a stained glass Sock Monkey sun catcher made by our friend Hidden Dragon's Dad. Hopefully everyone will think it's terribly silly and I'll get it for a song, but I doubt it as it's generated quite alot of comments already by the people volunteering.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

how pretty! is this a painting?

Jo said...

Since my "art" is limited to stick figures, I am in serious awe of people who can make things look like something! I am wildly impressed!

Jenny said...

It's an acrylic over a photograph.