Apr 8, 2008

Chicago April 2008

(Ella & Little Fox look at Lake Michigan & the Chicago Skyline 2008)













We just came back from our long weekend away and it was wonderful, no, phones, no computers, and almost no camera. Ok, ok, I couldn't help myself when we arrived at the Shedd Aquarium, so many cool things to take pictures of. We paid for the Premium Day passes that included all the shows and all the 4-D movies.














We saw Sponge Bob in 4-D which included getting sprayed, rattled, poked and holding our terrified children in our laps. When Plankton came at our heads wielding a cartoon saw, Ella screamed so loud I'm pretty sure she has a very secure future dubbing horror movies.















Our very good friends Little Fox and Foxy Momma came with and it was nice to have someone to hang with while we waited for the dolphin show.












And later at the hotel it was especially nice soaking in the not so hot tub where Little Fox spent the evening guarding the perimeter of the jacuzzi from five of the tiniest ants ever seen and Ella sang "the song that never ends" ad nasueum and Foxy Momma and I soaked until we all shriveled up into happy relaxed raisins while our husbands played toy soldiers.

(Ella checks out a King Kong diorama)
















As always the Sushi at Wakaba was very fresh and the hotel was wonderful. We shopped out at the mall where I really can't afford anything and people felt free to wear silk leopard print suits




















and they have a giant tree for the kids to snub each other while pretending to text on play cell phones play on. (It's not the first time Ella and I have been puzzled by children in this area's lack of ability to interact with each other - odd little well dressed kids.)





















Of course our country-ness spilled over when we gawked in awe at the ipod vending machine at Macy's and then we asked the Clinique lady if she had a cup we could spit our chewin' tabaccy in.





















Here's a picture of us showing off our matching smiles

7 comments:

Jenny said...

PS The prefect swim suit bottoms found at JC Penny's and the perfect red chiffon dress for art gala found at Macy's - yay for my mad shoppin' skillz!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
Please don't go to any trouble on our behalf! We were going to phone you last weekend but Ben mentioned you were in Chicago. Our trips here always fly. So many relatives to see and if you meet them once you end up scheduling a second 'date.' Looking forward to adult company where conversation doesn't revolve around illness etc. (I know my day will come soon enough..I will be talking about arthritis etc)

Your trip to Chicago looked like great fun. We are bringing Alex in on Thursday. In the meantime we have two sets of inlaws (outlaws!) to meet tomorrow. That is if I ever stop eating. Have put on about five to seven pounds since we arrived late on April 1st. My thighs are becoming supersized. Anyway, see you all soon. Thanks again. Olivia

Anonymous said...

Duuuuuude.

I want my own iPod vending machine.

Jenny said...

Olivia, I'm so excited to see you and it's really no trouble, I'm not going to clean (too much) before you all come over and Dan's going to cook so really it's no trouble. I'm so excited! (did I say that already?)

Jane, I know, how could I not take a pic right?! Let me just get my $87.00 in quarters out to get my new ipod because how can I possibly shop for organic hand made designer beauty products without ear buds? No, really it took a credit card.

Anonymous said...

this is so cool, because as i told you earlier (i think) we are planning on taking the boys to chicago this summer and going to the aquarium, and the museums, and a ball game...
very cool to see it all before hand. looks awesome!
i-pod vending machine? i don't think of myself country, but that would puzzle me too.
lovely last picture of you two at the end. ella and roxy have many similar features - mouth, nose, face shape. it's comforting.glad you had a good time!!

Jo said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, especially the SUSHI part. Yum.
I saw an ipod vending machine in the San Francisco airport and acted the part of the country hick myself gawking at it.
Your hair is SO long!

Jenny said...

yeah, I've been growing it out, but am getting a trim this weekend I think .